- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- BS degree in chemistry, polymer science, materials science, chemical engineering, or a related field or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Broad practical experience with polymer characterization and testing techniques.
- Experience working in a laboratory setting.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and graphing software.
- Ability to adapt and update skillsets in a flexible environment.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to document research results, and to prepare and present proposals, papers, and reports to internal and external audiences.
- Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and to collaborate on multidisciplinary teams as required to meet research goals.
Qualifications We Desire
- MS degree in chemistry, polymer science, materials science, organic chemistry, chemical engineering or a related field.
- Willingness and ability to provide data for proposals to gain funding for either feasibility or long-term studies.
- Willingness to engage and contribute to our inclusive lab culture.
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.