New York, New York
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- PhD in physics, engineering, or a related field or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge.
- Demonstrated record of completing outstanding research in relevant areas of physics and engineering.
- Experience with computer-based design and analysis of experiments.
- Demonstrated aptitude for mastering new fields of physics; a record of creativity, physical insight, and breadth of understanding in applications of complex physical processes.
- Experience in using advanced computational facilities for applied physics analysis and conducting applied physics research.
- Proficient verbal and written communication and presentation skills necessary to author technical and scientific reports, publications, invited papers, and to deliver scientific presentations.
- Experience working effectively independently and in a multidisciplinary, team-research environment.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative in addressing challenging problems.
- Demonstrated ability/commitment to promote and value inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability principles in the workplace.
Additional qualifications at the SES.3 Level
- Advanced knowledge of physics, engineering, or a related field.
- Significant experience and ability to lead independent work conducting applied physics research.
- Demonstrated record of leading top quality research in relevant areas of physics and engineering.
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.