Princess Anne, Maryland
- PhD in atmospheric science, meteorology, engineering, or similar field.
- Experience with one or more of the following areas: numerical simulation methods for atmosphere, land-surface, and urban areas; physical process modeling of land surface and urban energy exchange, advanced scientific programming in C++
- Demonstrated ability to develop independent research pathways as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature.
- Demonstrated proficient verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
- Demonstrated initiative and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with multiscale or urban scale atmospheric modeling
- Experience with canopy models used in atmospheric simulations
- Experience with numerical methods for complex terrain, such as embedded or immersed boundaries
- Experience with adaptive mesh refinement
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.