Princess Anne, Maryland
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- PhD in Materials Science/Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience in challenging, goal-oriented projects requiring substantial understanding of optical engineering principles.
- Significant experience in and advanced knowledge of topics such as materials science, deposition technologies, data analysis and metrology.
- Ability to perform hands-on work in a laboratory or fast paced production facility such as developing robust processes and commissioning new systems, trouble-shooting equipment malfunctions, etc.
- Proven track-record of being detail-oriented, developing meticulous protocols and delivering in a high consequence of error environment, with the ability to analyze and present complex multi-parameter data.
- Significant experience working within a scientific team as well as working independently.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary document research results, and to prepare and present proposals, papers, and reports to internal and external audiences.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Additional qualifications at the SES.4 level
- Expert level experience in chemical labs with an objective of developing real-world products with demanding requirements.
- Significant experience working independently and ability to provide technical leadership to guide projects to completion.
- Proven ability to comprehend the overall project goals and develop new directions for
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.