Princess Anne, Maryland
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, or a related field.
- Experience in developing bioinformatics infrastructure for genomics, metagenomics analysis
- Ability to develop and apply novel analytical techniques for multiomic data integration
- Broad experience in developing software with Python, R, or C++
- Comprehensive knowledge of one or more of the following: scientific data analysis, statistical analysis, data management technologies, data visualization- Experience improving software infrastructure for multiomics, such as automating pipelines on HPC or building databases
- Ability to complete independent research projects, as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to present technical information and effectively collaborate in a multidisciplinary team environment.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience in metagenomic data analysis and microbiome analytical tools, including software platforms for analysis shotgun and targeted metagenomic data
- Familiarity with current bioinformatics tools for sequence pre-processing, alignment, and genomic feature or functional identification.
- Experience with multiomic datasets including proteomics, metabolomics, epigenetics and transcriptomics
- Experience in AI/ML methods for biological data analysis
- Broad experience with data analysis algorithms, data management approaches, relational databases, or machine learning algorithms
- Experience in multiomics and molecular simulations or statistical modeling of experimental data in molecular biology
- Publication record demonstrating research in computational biology
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.