- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- PhD in a scientific discipline relevant to BBTD research or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience, with technical expertise in one or more areas of BBTD.
- Record of scientific creativity, achievement and leadership, as documented in publications and professional recognition; experience leading DOE and/or DOD funded projects and understanding of DOE and/or DOD strategic roadmaps.
- Extensive experience developing, managing and evaluating programs, projects and personnel in a technically diverse organization.
- Ability to lead, motivate, delegate effectively and build large complex interdisciplinary teams to work toward programmatic and institutional goals. Team effectively with other PLS organizations to define and meet PLS strategic goals.
- Extensive supervisory experience, including experience in development and implementation of performance reviews, ranking, and salary management; demonstrated ability to set clear goals and expectations, and communicate them to customers and performers.
- Expert experience interacting and negotiating at a high level with internal and external organizations and constituencies, with extensive experience working effectively in a high-impact, high-visibility, multi-task environment and the ability to lead a management team contributing to strategic planning.
- Expert communication, facilitation, collaboration, and problem-solving skills necessary to direct an organization, lead innovative research and interact with management and customers/sponsors.
- Extensive experience managing financial activities and ensuring program and overhead accounts are properly maintained and overseen according to LLNL and DOE fiscal policies and practices, coupled with extensive knowledge of managerial practices and experience effectively balancing budgets and complex workforce priorities to achieve desired results.
Qualifications We Desire
- Demonstrated understanding of a diverse laboratory and national research environment, and the ability to work within that environment towards long-range goals.
- Familiarity with programs and core capabilities relevant to the Biosecurity program and sponsors.
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.