Princess Anne, Maryland
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
- PhD in plasma, atomic and/or astro-physics, or related field.
- Experience developing and fielding X-ray plasma spectroscopy experiments at medium-to-large size HED facilities (such as Omega, Z or NIF), including spectrometer and target configuration, analysis of data, and application of results to constrain theoretical models used in HED physics and/or astrophysics.
- Experience working both on research teams with individuals from diverse technical backgrounds, and also as an independent researcher with a high level of attention to detail to find innovative solutions to specific research problems.
- Demonstrated proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to work in a multidisciplinary team environment, author technical and scientific reports and publications and deliver scientific presentations.
Qualifications We Desire
- Demonstrated ability to develop novel diagnostic and experimental techniques in high-energy-density plasma science.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative data analysis methods to better understand X-ray spectra measured using crystal or grating spectrometers with film, image plate, framing camera and/or hybrid complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (hCMOS) detectors.
- Documented publication record in peer-reviewed literature.
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.