New York, New York
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q/SCI-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- PhD in Nuclear Engineering, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Computational Sciences, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and significant professional experience.
- Ability to develop complex computer codes.
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience in developing computational models and simulations.
- Significant experience with artificial intelligence, machine learning, and/or data analytics.
- Significant experience authoring technical and scientific reports, publications and delivering scientific presentations.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information and provide advice to management and external sponsors.
- Ability to travel off-site for sponsor and collaborator interaction.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with adaptive computation environments and/or high-performance computing.
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience with the scientific and technological issues associated with national security in one or more of the following areas: nuclear fuel cycle, advanced technology/process model development, isotope production, data analytics, fluid flow, industrial chemical facilities, foreign weapon programs, or related emerging technologies.
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.