New Orleans, Louisiana
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- PhD in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, material engineering or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience in the synthesis of materials, reaction/degradation pathways, or substantial understanding of physical chemistry principles and chemical/materials characterization.
- Significant experience analyzing multi-dimensional chemical data sets such as gas chromatography, mass spectrometry, Raman, FT-IR, and NMR.
- Significant experience in experimental design, techniques, and execution.
- Significant experience interpreting properties of complex chemical systems, such as reactivity and degradation, from limited data.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to deliver technical presentations and written reports, provide advice to management, and author submissions for peer review journals.
- The willingness and ability to self-direct and work independently, and to effectively collaborate on multidisciplinary teams as required to reach research objectives.
Additional qualifications at the SES.4 level
- Highly advanced experience providing consultative direction of scientific personnel and projects.
- Subject matter expertise interpreting the reactivity and degradation properties of complex chemical systems.
- Nationally recognized expert in one or more areas of chemical research and assessments.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with polymeric or energetic materials.
- Experience with advanced data analysis techniques such as chemometrics along with automated scripting tools such as Python, Matlab, R programming language.
- Experience with program sponsor engagement and proposal preparation.
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.