Brookings, South Dakota
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Clemson, South Carolina
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Nuclear Engineering, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience in the application of computational chemistry to model structures and properties of molecules, collections of molecules, and solids.
- Significant experience with atomistic simulation codes, data acquisition, and data analysis techniques.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to deliver presentations and prepare written reports, explain technical information, and provide advice to management.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff within a collaborative research environment.
Qualifications We Desire
- Familiarity with computational chemistry of actinides.
- Laboratory experience including chemical and material processing and analysis.
- Experience with chemical process modeling tools such as Aspen Plus.
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.