- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, synthetic biology, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in display technologies (e.g., phage display, yeast display, bacterial display).
- Significant experience with design and/or assembly of large variant libraries (i.e. >106 variants).
- Advanced knowledge of protein engineering and biochemistry.
- Significant experience with protein-ligand interactions and screening assays.
- Familiarity with NGS-based approaches for variant library characterization.
- Ability to work collaboratively with researchers from diverse fields, including computational and experimental biologists, and provide scientific guidance, support, and leadership as needed.
- Advanced written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills necessary to deliver presentations, prepare written reports and to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with high-throughput methods and automation.
- Proficiency with modern methods of multi-component DNA assembly and cloning.
- Ability to distill esoteric and complex concepts for productive communication with vendors, sponsors, community members, and other stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of various in vivo and in vitro methods commonly used to screen large variant libraries.
- Experience developing and screening antibody display libraries.
- Experience designing, executing, and analyzing high-out NGS-based experiments on both short-read and long-read platforms.
- Strong leadership, communication, and project management skills.
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.