New Orleans, Louisiana
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire. Also, you must have the ability to obtain and maintain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access. Please note that your current active Q or Top-Secret clearance with DOE or another agency does not guarantee DOE SCI access approval; if you are denied access, you may be subject to reinvestigation of your existing Q or Top-Secret Clearance.
- Master's degree in political science, international relations, relevant scientific or engineering discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience, and demonstrated ability to perform independent work.
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience working within or with the Intelligence Community (IC) and with scientific and technological issues associated with national security, to include energy, cyber, critical infrastructure, and other advanced, emerging, and/or disruptive technology issues.
- Significant experience working with multidisciplinary teams in achieving project objectives; demonstrated strength in partnering with outside organizations successfully.
- Significant experience researching, assessing, and integrating Science and Technology (S&T) knowledge, in collaboration with technical subject matter experts, in support of national security issues.
- Significant experience conducting research and analytical assessments, writing detailed papers and other products that effectively convey analytical results with limited supervision.
- Significant experience working effectively under deadlines, coordinating workloads on multiple projects simultaneously, and meeting deadlines with conflicting priorities.
- Experience working across organizational work units, with demonstrated effective teamwork, and customer service skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment; author intelligence analyses; and present and explain technical information to external sponsors and customers.
- Experience and ability to lead the application and development of principles, theories, and concepts in an applicable discipline in a creative and innovative fashion.
- Ability to travel as necessary to present analyses to sponsors and IC stakeholders as well as to meet with IC counterparts and sponsors.
Additional job qualifications, at the SES.4 Level
- Ph.D. in political science, international relations, relevant scientific or engineering discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience, and the demonstrated ability to lead the application and development of principles, theories, and concepts in a creative and innovative fashion.
- Proven success leading multi-disciplinary teams and delivering expert-level, high-quality, impactful technical assessments on issues affecting national security.
- Recognized by stakeholders and partners as a subject matter expert on relevant national security related technical topics.
- Proven record of success in independently developing proposals, and establishing and securing partnerships, for multidisciplinary analytic studies on issues affecting national security; contributing to programmatic sustainment and growth by identifying and addressing complex sponsor needs in these areas; and creating innovative technical tools and/or technically informed research products to meet stakeholder and research objectives.
Qualifications We Desire
- Demonstrated publication record in a relevant national security issue area.
- Significant experience successfully managing and leading multidisciplinary project teams with expert verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively collaborate with internal and external teams, and to advise and influence senior management and external sponsors.
- Active Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access.
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.