- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- PhD. in an energy-focused field such as Earth Science, Environmental Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineering, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Knowledge and experience in infrastructure systems, energy systems, or another related discipline.
- Experience defining research questions and scoping defensible methods and approaches.
- Experience presenting technical concepts to diverse audiences. Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and author products targeted to a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience with one or more of the following computational disciplines: risk analysis, decision analysis, data analytics, statistical modeling, modeling and simulation, control system design, or other related discipline.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Experience building models and running simulations using one or more of the following programming tools: Python, Simulink, R, MATLAB, Java or C++.
Additional qualifications at the SES.4 level
- Significant experience (greater than 5 years) leading or managing projects and teams on energy or infrastructure topics.
- Significant experience (greater than 5 years) collaborating across research (university, laboratory) and commercial (industry) institutions.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with geospatial analysis of energy and infrastructure systems.
- Experience in design, operations, or modeling of infrastructure systems, particularly transportation networks and logistics, chemical processing, water and wastewater systems, communications networks, or interdependencies among these systems.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects.
- Climate science background
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.