Princeton, New Jersey
South Hadley, Massachusetts
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- B.S. in radiochemistry, analytical chemistry, geochemistry or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Broad experience in purification of trace metals or radionuclides from complex matrices for nuclear data or environmental measurements.
- Broad experience in use of nuclear decay counting detectors and/or other instruments and methods for quantitative analysis of inorganic analytes.
- Broad experience maintaining and troubleshooting laboratory equipment.
- Broad experience performing quality evaluation of analytical data.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work in a collaborative research environment.
- Broad experience working with radioactivity (>1 nCi).
Qualifications We Desire:
- Experience preparing ultra-high purity samples in methods typical of clean room work.
- Experience with accelerator or nuclear reactor production and isolation of radionuclides
- M.S. in radiochemistry, analytical chemistry, geochemistry or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to coordinate complex tasks by interacting independently with professionals in the execution of responsibilities.
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.