New Orleans, Louisiana
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship
- BA or Masters in physics, electrical engineering, or mechanical engineering, or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Sufficient experience with CAD, SolidWorks, or similar software, and mechanical design
- Ability to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities as experience develops
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers and other technical and administrative staff
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively in a team environment, and present and explain technical information
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on technical tasks, organization skills to prioritize workload, manage multiple competing priorities, and keep track of long-term task.
Additional qualifications at the SES.2 level
- Broad experience with dilution refrigerators or other cryogenic systems
- Broad experience tuning and calibrating superconducting quantum processors
- Cleanroom fabrication experience, superconducting device fabrication
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience maintaining and managing a laboratory or makerspace.
- Experience with cryogenics, vacuum, and mechanical systems, CAD design
- Knowledge of electrical engineering concepts related to design, assembly, calibration, and testing of analog and digital electrical systems
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.