New Orleans, Louisiana
- PhD in Plasma Physics or related discipline.
- Experience developing theoretical and computational models of physical systems involving plasmas and/or fluid dynamics.
- Experience implementing and applying computational models to such physical systems and analyzing and interpreting the results of the models.
- Ability to develop independent research projects as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment and present and explain technical information.
Qualifications We Desire
- Programming proficiency in C++, Fortran, Python and/or other scripting languages.
- Experience working with high-performance computing and/or GPU-based programming.
- Familiarity with standard coding practices (e.g., Git, CI, Unit testing).
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.