Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
La Jolla, California
Orangeburg, South Carolina
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Livermore , California
Notre Dame, Indiana
- Recent PhD in atmospheric science, mechanical, civil or environmental engineering, computational science, or a closely related field.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: atmospheric science, multi-scale or microscale atmospheric modeling, turbulence and surface-layer modeling, canopy models, regional atmospheric flow, atmospheric boundary layer dynamics, computational fluid dynamics, large-eddy simulation, atmospheric chemistry, aerosol science, wildfire modeling, or field data analysis.
- Experience with numerical methods and modern model development practices.
- Familiarity with programming languages including Fortran, Python, and MATLAB.
- Experience conducting research in atmospheric science, engineering, or a closely related field.
- Travel as required to collaborate with researchers or attend meetings and conferences.
- Experience with large model and observational datasets, modern programming environments, and visualization techniques.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, as evidenced by published results and presentations.
- Experience with the Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF) model.
- Familiarity with MPI/ OpenMP or GPU programming for supercomputing.
- Experience with atmospheric boundary layer turbulence, uncertainty quantification, ensembles, statistical analysis.
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.