- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- PhD in chemistry, materials science, engineering, mathematics, physics or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience in one or more of the following areas areas: Computational multiscale modeling, energetic materials, molecular dynamics, multi-physics, hydrodynamics, non-equilibrium statistical physics, highly dynamic high-pressure physics, optimization, machine learning, or computational inverse problems.
- Proven track record as an innovative computational scientist with experience in dynamic materials phenomena or optimization techniques.
- An accomplished record of conceiving and executing pioneering multidisciplinary projects.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to deliver presentations and prepare written reports, explain technical information, and provide advice to management.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff within a collaborative multidisciplinary research environment.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience working with or implementing world-class computational physics and hydrodynamic codes.
- Knowledge in fluid dynamics and condensed matter physics.
- Demonstration of mentorship of young scientists.
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.