Greensboro, North Carolina
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- PhD in Chemistry, Material Science, Physics or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Significant experience in analyzing complex data through the development of interpretive models.
- Significant experience in performing experiments utilizing advanced diagnostics.
- Experience leading a scientific team that incorporates experimental data into modeling and simulation tools.
- Demonstrated record for completing projects and delivering results on time and within a constrained budget.
- Ability to work with energetic materials and become a qualified explosives handler.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to deliver presentations and prepare written reports, explain technical information, and provide advice to management.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse set of scientists, engineers, and other technical and administrative staff within a collaborative research environment.
Qualifications we desire
- Knowledge of shock physics and thermochemistry.
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages or computing environments (MATLAB, Python, C++, etc.)
- Familiarity with hydrodynamic simulation tools.
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.