- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Ability to obtain a SCI clearance.
- PhD in Engineering, Physics, or a related technical field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience with and highly advanced knowledge of inertial confinement fusion physics, design, and engineering, and familiarity with WCI, and the LLNL weapons physics program.
- Significant experience teaming and partnering effectively to build, lead, and motivate cross-disciplinary and cross-laboratory teams to work toward programmatic and institutional goals.
- Experience managing and leading a technical portfolio, supporting large-scale projects led by others, and a demonstrated ability to deliver results.
- Highly advanced problem solving, analytical, technical, organizational, and management skills, necessary to independently advise, recommend, and approve appropriate actions and implement solutions.
- Expert communication skills, both written and verbal, necessary to effectively explain, present, and advise senior management, external stakeholders, and staff.
- Demonstrated experience implementing plans that promote and value diversity, equity, and inclusion principles in the workplace.
- Ability to obtain and maintain authorization as a Derivative Classifier with knowledge of ICF.
Qualifications We Desire
- Familiarity with pulsed-power and laser based ICF facilities (NIF and OMEGA).
- Experience in strategic planning, and experience in decision-making to achieve overall objectives and long-range goals.
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.