- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Ph.D. in Human Immunology, Virology, medical countermeasure development or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Proven track-record in leading medical countermeasures R&D, and in securing, and executing grants from HHS, DoD, or other sponsors. Willingness to develop relationships and work with national security sponsors.
- Substantial experience in human immunology, infectious disease, molecular pharmacology, and molecular and cell-based assay development.
- Significant research experience in therapeutics design and development.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
- Advanced leadership skills and experience leading, supervising, and mentoring others in a technical environment.
- Strong record in scientific achievements supported by peer-reviewed publications, invited presentations, awards and other recognition.
- Ability to delegate effectively and to lead, motivate, and build highly complex interdisciplinary teams.
- Expert written and verbal communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills, necessary to effectively present, explain, influence, and advise senior management and/or external sponsors.
Additional qualifications at the SES.4 Level:
- Extensive experience obtaining sustained funding.
- Extensive experience managing and leading large multi-disciplinary teams.
- Extensive experience managing work in a A/BSL-3 biological select agent and toxin (BSAT) laboratory.
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.