Daejon, South Korea
- Ph.D. in theoretical condensed matter physics, chemistry, materials science, or a related field.
- Expertise in the application of first principles electronic structure methods and molecular dynamics to materials simulations.
- Solid background in condensed matter and statistical physics.
- Experience with massively parallel computing.
- Ability as an innovative theorist with a broad range of experience in simulation codes, data acquisition, data analysis, and coding.
- Ability to think critically and develop independent research projects through literature reviews, attendance of talks/seminars, and publication of peer-reviewed manuscripts.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills as reflected in effective presentations at seminars, meetings and/or teaching lectures, and scientific publications.
- Initiative and interpersonal skills with a clear desire and ability to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: atomistic potential development, classical molecular dynamics, machine learning algorithms, development of EOS and free energy models.
- Proficiency in Python, C++, and/or FORTRAN.
- Experience with genetic and/or metadynamics crystal stricter methods.
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.