- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship
- Master's degree in physics, astrophysics, mathematics, or engineering, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Experience and comprehensive knowledge in designing, assembling, and conducting nuclear physics experiments and experimental nuclear physics instrumentation and methods
- Experience with high-performance computing, computer-aided design (CAD), computer programming (python, Matlab, C++, etc.), version control tools (BitBucket, GitLab, etc.), Linux/Unix operating systems
- Have applied experimental methods, computational techniques, and analysis approaches required to advance data analysis capabilities
- Previous experience and demonstrated ability to perform independent research projects as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature or equivalent classified research documents.
- Proficient verbal and written communications skills necessary to work in a multidisciplinary team environment, author technical and scientific reports and publications, and deliver scientific presentations.
- Demonstrated ability/commitment to valuing diversity, equity, and inclusion principles in the workplace
Additional qualifications at the SES.3 level
- Significant experience in a closely related field
- Significant experience and ability to deliver on milestones in a timely manner.
- Significant experience and demonstrated ability to lead independent research projects as demonstrated through publication of peer-reviewed literature or equivalent classified research documents.
- Significant experience working with customers to identify and address research questions
- Experience leading projects in collaboration with multi-disciplinary team across the DOE laboratory system.
Qualification We Desire
- PhD in physics, astrophysics, mathematics, or engineering, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.