- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- M.S. Degree in atmospheric science, oceanography, earth science, physics, engineering, data science or closely related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience in Linux/Unix operating systems and shell programming.
- Experience programming in Python.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to independently write reports and exchange technical information with colleagues.
- Possession of the interpersonal skills necessary to work in a diverse, multidisciplinary research team.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Experience with statistical analysis, data science, uncertainty quantification, ensembles and/ machine learning.
- Experience working with ~terabyte-sized model output and observational data sets using NetCDF, HDF or similar self-describing formats.
- *Experience working with scientists in atmospheric science, oceanography, climate science, or closely related field and knowledge of fundamentals and best practices of modern software development (e.g., GitHub, Anaconda).
Physics Today has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.