We are seeking a dynamic, experienced industry leader and subject matter expert who can advance AFTAC's Digital Transformation and construction of an Algorithmic Factory to establish and integrate our multi-domain, multi-national, multi-security protocol technologies to deliver an enterprise-wide, interoperable, service-oriented architecture (SOA).
We want you to apply your subject matter expertise on data fusion, DevSecOps, and algorithm development using traditional and non-traditional means to enhance our global mission capabilities. Your knowledge of algorithm and software development and sustainment will be utilized to support nuclear enterprise technologies, nuclear treaty monitoring activities, and Combatant Commands worldwide.
You will oversee center-wide software and mission system architecture modernization, as well as establish the vision, process, and policies governing AFTAC's digital concept of operation.
You will mentor, lead, and guide a team of highly specialized military, civilian, and contractor software engineers, test engineers, and technical mission SMEs during the development of these new capabilities.
If you are an industry professional with advanced experience in agile capability development, technological sciences, software/mission systems architectures, and software development/fielding, this position is tailor made for you. You’ll contribute to crucial national security architecture and provide senior decision-makers with invaluable expertise regarding cutting-edge, 21st Century technology.
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science, data science, software engineering, computer engineering, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
2. 10-15 years experience with leading edge and “state of the art” technological initiatives, with the ability to adapt these advances to meet current and future analytical requirements.
3. Expert knowledge of full systems/software development life cycles, including software design and development concepts and techniques sufficient to design, develop, document and install large complex systems.
4. Ability to serve as a multi-functional team leader for AFTAC, interagency and international groups by coordinating, leading and influencing policy.
5. Must be able to obtain and maintain TOP SECRET security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access to perform assigned duties. US citizenship is required for security clearance eligibility. Requires eligibility for access to SCI, other intelligence-related Special Sensitive information, or involvement in Top Secret Special Access Programs (SAP) to fully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. A nondisclosure agreement must be signed. May be required to undergo random CI polygraph.
AFTAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Internal Number: HQEAlgFacAdv20
About Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC)
The Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC) is the nations's sixth sense for decisive knowledge. We provide national authorities quality technical measurements to monitor nuclear treaty compliance and develop advanced proflieration monitoring technologies to preserve our nation's security. We are the sole organization in the federal government whose mission is to detect and report technical data from foreign nuclear explosions.
BACK TO TOP
Physics Today Jobs has listings for the latest assistant, associate, and full professor roles, plus scientist jobs in specialized disciplines like theoretical physics, astronomy, condensed matter, materials, applied physics, astrophysics, optics and lasers, computational physics, plasma physics, and others! Find a job here as an engineer, experimental physicist, physics faculty, postdoctoral appointee, fellow, or researcher.