The Aerospace Corporation
Computer Systems Researcher (requisitions #5705 and #5706)
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking two early-career R&D professionals who enjoy creating innovative pre-production/operational software prototypes, exploring new research areas and themes, and assisting project leaders and program offices with influencing customer’s technology roadmaps and direction. If either of these positions sound right for you, please read on.
Location: Chantilly, VA
Become a member of a dynamic R&D team within the Computer Systems Research Department that will give you the opportunity to identify forward-thinking technologies, code-up ideas and apply them to customer-relevant problems. This position is part of a new section being established to support the corporation’s Chantilly, VA, customer base.
- Current or prior SCI clearance or ability to obtain one
- Knowledge of and experience with software architecture, software engineering and software development in primary software development languages (e.g., C, C++, Java) and scripting languages (Ruby, Python)
- Clear and articulate spoken and written communication skills required
Location: El Segundo, CA
If you think of yourself as someone who can use your research skills and background to contribute to knowledge production and enjoy developing software prototypes that make an impact on future space systems, this position is for you.
- Technical and research interest in (but not strictly limited to) one of the following areas: software engineering, software architecture, software development languages and environments, “noSQL” and unstructured databases, system performance and benchmarking and data visualization
Educational requirements (either position)
Bachelor of Science in computer science, engineering or equivalent required. Master’s or Ph.D. degree preferred.
Responsibilities (either position)
- Work and collaborate within small project teams of computer science researchers and technical contributors with developing research pathfinder prototypes, facilitate knowledge production
- Work with Aerospace and government program offices to identify computer science-related R&D opportunities, propose and develop related projects
- Identify and advocate forward looking research areas and themes, propose internal R&D projects and pathfinders
- Other responsibilities include assisting in oversight and reporting activities for military and government national security space systems
Additional qualifications (either position)
- Minimum of two years related experience
- Research background with publication history preferred
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects with different focus areas
Salary range (either position)
Salary is based on experience and education levels.
The Aerospace Corporation has provided objective and independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to military and national security space programs since its inception in 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office and support all national security space programs.
Apply online at aerospace.org/careers/current-openings
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.