We are seeking a physicist with expertise in atomic physics. As a Physicist at AOSense, you will apply your experience in laser technology and atomic physics to design, build, optimize, and test atom optic sensors and atomic frequency standards. You will help to guide the development of future generations of atomic devices as they transition from the laboratory into the field.
• Contribute to the design of atom optic inertial sensors and atomic frequency standards
• Coordinate physics unit (vacuum cells and optomechanics) fabrication and assembly
• Specify and implement performance requirements for laser and control subsystems
• Model laser beam propagation with optical design software
• Integrate atomic physics units with laser and control subsystems
• Test systems for sensitivity, accuracy, and environmental susceptibilities
• Contribute to research proposals for further development and applications
• Demonstrated expertise in laser technology for atom-based sensors and frequency standards
• Solid understanding of stability and accuracy limitations in atomic systems
• Experience designing and aligning laser s systems with bulk and fiber optics
• Experience designing and building vacuum systems
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Applicants should thrive in a dynamic start-up environment
• US Government contracts require applicants to be US citizens or permanent residents
Education and experience:
Ph.D. in Physics or equivalent professional experience
• Salary depends on qualifications and experience
• Medical and dental
• Stock plan
AOSense is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified applicants please submit resume with cover letter to this job posting or fax to (408) 735-9502
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Setup a Job Alert
to be notified when similar jobs are posted.
More Jobs Like This
CAN - Nationwide
US - IL - Batavia
US - CO - Boulder
Back to top